Making a classroom website has never been easier. Weebly offers all the bells and whistles people want in a website without all the headache of backend design and maintenance. It's simple drag and drop interface and versatile and engaging site templates are all you need to Wow both parents and students alike. And Weebly is supported by the Didion PTA Tech Committee so any questions you may have can easily be answered by an actual person. Here are a few resources to help get you started.
- Weebly for Education is a website platform where teachers can create a classroom site as well as allow students to create their own sites, share resources and upload homework for free. Click here to start your new site today.
- Here is a Beginners Guide to help get you started with your site design.
- The Weebly Blog outlines short cuts and cool features for you to become an expert Weebler
- Want to share photos of your students engaged in fun classroom activities but don't want to pay for the private photo share feature on Weebly, look no further than Flickr or Photobucket. Once you've chosen which service to use, simply set up an album by class year (i.e. 3rd Grade-2014/15) and add a link for that album on your site. By setting up separate albums for each class year, parents can still access the photos for when their kids were in your class without giving access to those photos to other parents in future classes. Voila - shared photos to enjoy for a lifetime.
- Curious what other Didion teachers are doing with their Weebly sites? Looking for some creative ideas to get your started? Check out Mr. Howe's awesome answer to American History as well as Ms. Butterfield's fun 3rd grade site or Ms. Chambers rockin tribute to music.